Pages

Tuesday 16 November 2010

We love sugar and Sugarland

Mum says:

"My youngest, Joe, has a particular affection for sweet things, and his passion inspired him to write a song all about his next most favourite thing in the world to hugs, sugar.

Joe had already waxed lyrical about his own special imaginary place, Sugarland, before, so it seemed a natural progression for him to want to turn his vision into a proper song. He only had a little bit of guidance from me in creating this.

His Dad and I have since told Joe that there's a real life place called Sugarland in Texas, and of course now Joe wants to go there, even though we've warned him it's not at all like his song ... (or is it? I'd better check out Google Street-view! Sugarland residents you're very welcome to tell us all about your neighbourhood if you have a moment!)"

Joe (age 5) says:

"This is my song by me, and it's all about sugar!"
The Sugar Song by Joe (age 5)

I wish the world was made of sugar,
Then I'd bring you chocolate flowers,
And yummy things would come down,
In the loveliest of rain showers.
Rainbow coloured sweets would pour down from above,
Jelly babies and winegums, all things that I love!
My garden would be called "Sugarland",
The birdsong there would sound sweet,
A river of custard flowing through the middle of it,
Which I'd splash thru' with chocolate wellies on my feet!
A pathway of snap crapply pops would lead right up to my liquorice front door,
And yellow and pink lollipop trees would be there for me to climb and explore.
My house walls would be made from spongecake and traffic light ice-cream,
Meaning living in Sugarland would be just like a dream.

Verse:

Sugarland, Sugarland
Come and see
Sugarland, Sugarland
Come to Sugarland with me!
Copyright Joe, WeAreLovingIt blog, 2010.

5 comments:

Dina said...

That is sooooo cute!

WeAreLovingIt said...

Aww, thank you Dina!

Lisa @FacelessFood said...

Ahh, that's so sweet. Sounds like he would love you to read The Magic Faraway Tree (or was it the Magic Wishing Chair?)to him. I always used to wish that the Land of Goodies really existed!
http://wedonteatanythingwithaface.blogspot.com/

WeAreLovingIt said...

Nice to meet you OnyKajonie!

It's wonderful to see their vivid imaginations, and it reminds me of what it used to be like to think like that when I was young. Wonderful! I used to get so lost in books.It' s a shame we have to lose it really and grow up!

WeAreLovingIt said...

Perhaps I'll take them up to CadburyWorld one day in Bournville - anyone ever been there? Worth it? Or not?